HBCU for Life: A Call to Action
Alpha Kappa Alpha will continue its focus on education with an emphasis on historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs).
• Chapters will promote and market historically black colleges and universities.
• Recognizing that HBCU funding is one of the primary obstacles that threaten the long-term growth and survival of HBCUs. Financially support HBCUs.
Building Your Economic Legacy
Alpha Kappa Alpha will emphasize financial planning, asset accumulation, and wealth building including savings and investments, managing debt, and improving credit.
• Personal Financial Planning and Asset Accumulation.
• Credit Repair and Monitoring.
• Entrepreneurship and the Black Dollar 365.
• Operation AKA Assist.
Women's Healthcare and Wellness
Alpha Kappa Alpha will continue to raise community awareness of critical health issues impacting African-American women. The primary focuses will be breast cancer awareness and prevention, heart health, nutrition and wellness, and care for the caregivers.
• Breast Cancer Awareness and Prevention
• Heart Health
• Nutrition and Wellness
• Care for the Caregivers
Alpha Kappa Alpha will expose students to arts enrichment and culture by focusing on visual and performing arts and by showcasing talent through the exploration of writers, entertainers and various other artists.
• Salute to the Harlem Renaissance
• Salute to the Black Arts Movement
Alpha Kappa Alpha will engage in programming designed to enhance the international footprint of the sorority.
• National Global Impact Day.
• Global Assistance Activities:
• Soles 4 Souls.
• Lions Club International.
• Pillowcase Project.
• Refugees in America Assistance Program (RAAP).
Let's Make A Change
Here are some ways you can donate:
Due to Covid 19 , in person meetings are TBA.
Over the Phone
It's easy to donate offline too.